GHAJICT Constitution Meeting
- Adoption of Minutes / Agenda
- Membership dues
- Fundraising opportunities (UNDP, etc)
- GHAJICT Treasurer should immediately liaise with Kwami Ahiabenu III on this
- registration of association
- who will take lead on registration? What signatures needed?
- which bank?—(ECOBANK)
i. individual account for now / savings acct
ii. can treasurer take care of this?
- Fees (GHC150,000/quarter)
i. Members can pay in advance/yearly
- Possible date of launch?
i. April-end? Or on World Information Society Day (Thu 17 May)?
ii. Coordination / basic communication strategy for launch:
1. a hotel? BusyInternet? Kofi Annan-IT CE?
2. which media outlets? Radio? TV? Print media?
- BLOG Activity
- Executive members and executive must maintain their blogs
- We need “blog whip” to remind those GHAJICT members (http://ghajict.blogspot.com/) to keep up
- Membership cards
- Talk to Busyinternet
i. Find out fees
iii. Let’s get them done
- Communication Tools
- GHAJICT now on blogafrica.com—available to African blogosphere
- Blog exists—what can be improved
i. Executive members should ALL be contributors
- Ideas for website
 “Wednesday, 17 May 2006:
The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), held in November 2005, adopted the Tunis Agenda for the Information Society, which recognized that there is a need to build more awareness of the Internet. It specifically called upon the United Nations General Assembly to declare 17 May World Information Society Day. (http://www.itu.int/wisd/2006/index.html)